Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Summer is like a marathon...

I don't know how well I am pacing myself for the summer. If it was a marathon, I don't think I'd make it the first mile! I am worn out! It's the first week, and we've already been swimming every day! Monday, our neighbors invited us over for a swim. Tuesday, I took the kids to the Y to swim. Today, we were invited to the park for lunch with one friend, and then to the Y to swim with another friend. Poor Lauren also has swim lessons every afternoon. Let's just say she is getting lots of practice! Tomorrow, we have a lunch date at Chuck E. Cheese. I really do not think I can keep this up! The kids have been wonderful, though! (knock on wood) They are getting along really well and listening and behaving themselves! I guess they haven't had time to get bored and act up! Plus, they are too tired to fight or argue. I know I am!



Speaking of marathons...I have to give a shout out to my sister, Leslie, who raised over $4,000 for the leukemia society and ran the rock'n'roll marathon in San Diego on Sunday in 6 hrs and 30 minutes! Can you imagine running for that long? 26 miles? Over 6 hours? No thanks! But, I'm proud that she did it! Way to go, Les!

Funnies:
Jared last night, "Does this town sleep?" (He was wondering because NY is the city that never sleeps.)

Lauren at dinner, "I want to be a brownie when I grow up. (talking about scouts) And then a cookie."

Lauren after dinner, "Yeah, let's go to Sonic for a flushie!"

1 comment:

Julie Adams said...

Those "funnies" are great.