Thursday, June 3, 2010

School's out!




First and Last Day of
Kindergarten and 4th Grade!






















This year has seriously been a blur! A lot of my attention has been on Lindsey, but I turn around and already have a 1st grader and a 5th grader! Jared had another great year- although he says his favorite year so far was 3rd grade. He is still obsessed with sports, and was so happy that he got to run in the relay race on track day. They actually came in first place, and his class ended up winning the whole thing (What a great way to end the year!!) We are also very proud of his academic success! He made a perfect score on every one of his TAKS tests...again! He truly amazes me! He has developed a great love for reading. I think he ended up with about 335 AR points, and received an "All-Star Reader" plaque for reading 20 bluebonnet books. Since my mom is retiring, she used her remaning Scholastic points to get the kids books, and Jared has already zipped through the Percy Jackson series and is begging for more... He'll be through the entire box of books before next week at this rate! He made some good friends this year, and I have to admit that I shed a few tears when the 4th graders had their last walk down the halls of Woodway (The "Walk of Honor"). I feel so blessed that Jared has attended such wonderful schools and had such amazing teachers! He is looking forward to going to the brand new intermediate school next year.


Fourth Grade "Walk of Honor":


























Lauren had a wonderful Kindergarten year! Her teacher took tons of AMAZING pictures all year long and made each child a binder full of pictures and writing samples as an end of year gift. AWESOME! She was also lucky enough to be in a class with 3 of her good friends from preschool, and also made a few new friends that live in our neighborhood. She has become a good reader and writer. She started taking some AR tests this year and ended up with a little over 20 points. I also love her invented spelling! It cracks me up! (Especially how she spelled "shirt" on one of her recent papers.) She seems to enjoy school and strives for good behavior. She was devastated when she got on "yellow" (which only happened once this whole year!) Most days she would run in the door and announce, "I got on your favorite color!" (blue- which is better than green and means "extra good"). She is definitely ready for first grade!

Sadly, my three will never be at the same campus together again. Except maybe for college...AHHH!


No comments: