
Today, we went to Ihop for brunch after CCE, then went on a couple bike rides around the neighborhood to test out her new bike! She did great! It's a tad big for her right now, but once she gets herself up on the seat, she's good to go!
For her annual charm, I got her the letter "L". I figured it's sort of an upside down "7"...right??

Lauren is in first grade and loving it! She loves reading (although she sometimes goes too fast) and adores her teacher. She decided she wanted to try gymnastics this year instead of dance, and she's also playing soccer. She's totally into "silly bands" right now, and likes to trade them with her friends. She's a great big sister and likes to play with Lindsey and give her lots of hugs! She's good at entertaining herself- she'll sometimes just go into her room for hours and play Barbies, or house, or whatever... She can be moody at times, and is a very talented whiner when she gets tired. Mostly, however, she is sweet and loving and girly and pretty darn cute!
Thursday is Lindsey's Mother's Day Out day, so I made cupcakes for Lauren's class and brought her Sonic for lunch. Near the end of lunch, she was telling me that her tooth was really loose, so I felt it, and it was! (This is her first loose tooth!) I asked her if she wanted to pull it out, and she did! Right then and there! (So unlike her) No fear, no tears at the sight of the blood...nothing! We marched down to the nurse's office, got a little tooth necklace to put it in, she signed the "tooth board", got a certificate, and went on her merry way! For her trouble, the tooth fairy brought her a silver dollar!! So here's the new grin:
Happy Birthday, Lauren!!! Love you!!

No comments:
Post a Comment