Sunday, April 6, 2008

Air Tractor Trip


We had a big outing this weekend to Olney, Texas! I'm sure you've heard of it...it's half-way to the middle of nowhere! But, it is home to Air Tractor- a company which produces ag airplanes (cropdusters). The founder of the company, Leland Snow (a fellow Aggie), was celebrating 50 years in the aircraft industry. Since my husband works in the industry, and with Air Tractor on some projects, we were invited to attend. Despite the fact that we got a later start than we anticipated, were in the car longer than we wanted to be, and missed the air-show altogether...it was a pretty impressive event.
The kids got to jump in the bounce-house, we toured the plants where they manufacture these planes, and we stayed for a presentation ceremony...it was pretty amazing to see what this man has accomplished in 50 years! I'm not that interested in all of the details, like my husband is, but it does amaze me that people are able to build these machines. When you look at the factory and the process of putting these things together, I wonder how people ever figure all of this stuff out. Good thing there are some smart engineers out there...like Steve?? Wait, who put those question marks there?!!
Anyway, we spent the rest of the weekend in Dallas with Aunt Laura and had a play date with Tiffany, Stephanie, Taylor, and Luke. Muy Chuy's, too...mmm!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey Lisa! I am so excited to see that you are blogging. I just started and I am hooked. Never thought I would be a blogger, but here I am. Mine is private, so email me and I will invite you. I don't know what I did with your email address. Have a good day and I am glad to see your page!
Emily C.