Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bluebonnets and Bubble Baths

Steve and I had a discussion on the way to the bluebonnet field today. We were wondering if Texas is the only state that makes a big deal out of taking pictures of your kids with the state flower? I suggested that maybe it was because they only came out once a year, for a limited time? Or perhaps Texans just enjoy torturing their children by making them trudge out into an open field, risking ant and snake bites, to pose for pictures every spring. In any case, I AM a Texan, so therefore I make my children trudge, risk, and pose...
I love to watch them laugh and have fun together! They have been wanting a bath in our jacuzzi tub since we moved in, but there was the little matter of fixing the leaky pfaucet first. (Hey...that's one of my favorite Pushmonkey songs! But, I digress...) So, tonight was the night! I didn't use any bubbles, just washed them with bodywash and shampoo and then turned on the jets. I didn't know this would happen, but I'm sure glad I didn't use bubble bath. It would have been like the scene from Freaky Friday! They had a blast making bubble beards and hats. My little goofballs!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Great Pictures! I always think about the snakes too!
Emily

Julie Adams said...

Oh I miss the bluebonnets and I think the risk of ant and snake bites are worthe the great pictures!

Julie

SG said...

Haven't found that perfect patch to take pictures in yet...and i don't like ants. But since i too am a Texan, I guess I better get out and get some pictures!
PS Moderation and verification? Really? :)

Carol said...

Cute pictures!
Carol

SG said...

Thanks! :)