Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Busiest Weekend EVER!

Saturday, May 17th was one of the busiest days of my life thus far! I wasn't sure how I was going to squeeze everything in, but it actually went off without a hitch! We had a great weekend with family and the kids celebrated a few milestones...


Thursday- grocery shop, cook, and freeze a bunch of meals (for my family that was coming in for the weekend, and also because it needed doing...and if I'm going to do it, I might as well cook a whole bunch of things and freeze them so I can pull them out for easy dinners during the week. I think I made about 8 or 9 meals.)

Friday- Field Day at Jared's school

(Despite losing every tug-o-war, they came in second place overall)


Then, Mimi and Pa arrive, we eat, and my mom and I are off to a Southern Living at Home party with a sweet friend of mine.

Saturday-
8:30 a.m.- Lauren's dance recital dress-rehearsal


11:15 a.m.- Arrive at Jared's baseball game already in progress (My sisters were both there by then)

12:00 p.m.- Home for sandwiches and showers

2:00 p.m.- Jared's First Communion at church


3:45 p.m.- Shopping trip with mom and sisters
5:00 p.m.- Dinner, get Lauren ready for the recital (bath, hair, make-up, costumes, things to do backstage)
6:30 - 9:30 p.m.- Dance recital: WONDERFUL!! Lauren did great!

Sunday- Just church and a birthday party for Lauren to attend- (piece of cake...no pun intended)


Phew! We made it! ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

2 comments:

SG said...

It was a crazy busy weekend to be sure!!!! Lauren's class was so cute! They really did great. Get some rest!

Anonymous said...

OK Girl-- I just read about this day and now I am exhausted!!

Take a nap,
Carri