Sunday, January 25, 2009

Peek-a-Boo!

Last Saturday, we went to Austin to have a 3D/4D Ultrasound done at Clearview Ultrasound. My doctor does not have the 3D machine, and I just think it is super cool that they can now take pictures of the baby in the womb, so I wanted to have it done. My parents and Leslie met us there, and it was really neat! It was almost like a spa environment- dim lights, a comfy bed, and a couple screens to view the pictures on. We got about 20 minutes of DVD footage, 26 pictures on a cd, and she printed out 3 color and 2 black and white pictures. The baby totally looks like Lauren did when she was born! She was in a tight spot, though, and she kept putting her hand up over her face. The sweet ultrasound tech offered to have me come back again as a volunteer for a class she was teaching on Thursday for another chance to get some better shots (for free). I went back, but the baby was in the same spot and was shy again! We got 24 more pictures- but they weren't as good as the first visit. I was just glad to get to watch the baby again for another hour. It is so amazing! Once she is born, I'll have to compare these pictures to the real thing. I can't wait to see your sweet face in person, little one!

No comments: